Are you worried your personal data is compromised in the hands of a big company? Do you want to feel safe and confidently own your data?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it is time to try the 3 dapps below to take back control of your own data.
1. Upfiring: Upfiring is a smart contract-based P2P file-sharing dapp that encrypts and distributes files between peers over a decentralized network. Users earn cryptocurrency in the form of Upfiring tokens (UFR) by seeding files. All transactions on the network are linked to the Ethereum blockchain via smart contracts, which allows transactions to run securely between peers.
2. BlackHole: Similar to Upfiring, BlackHole is also a decentralized file transfer tool that works over blockchain technology. Powered by Blockstack, it allows users to keep their privacy while sharing and transferring files. It also promises fast uploading, where files are compressed simultaneously on uploading process and save up to 90% in time and bandwidth.
3. Proof.ink: If you have a document of which you want to know with 100% certainty that the contents have not been changed, tampered with or altered in any form, use Proof.ink. Proof.ink works by fingerprinting your file (no matter how big it is), without the need to upload it, inside your browser. The fingerprint that is created is then stored publicly on the Steem blockchain, through which it guarantees the integrity of the fingerprint of the file as how it was created at a given time by a given user.
Besides the 3 dapps that we highlight, last week we have welcomed a total of 26 new dapps from various categories joining our community. In this article, we’d also like to introduce you a 3D car-racing game and a cross-chain DEX that have caught our eye.
4. Battle Racers is an arcade game where players can build, race, and battle model cars on arcade-sized tracks in Decentraland. It allows players to mix and match parts and weapons to create their own race car, then use its combat skills to beat other players to the finish line. The race cars and car parts are non-fungible tokens that are solely owned by the player. Although Battle Racers’ gameplay data will be centralized (in order to guarantee better real-time play experience), the in-game items will be standard ERC-721 tokens, and its stats, ownership, and race record will be publicly viewable on the blockchain mainnet.
5. Switcheo: Switcheo is the first non-custodian exchange on the NEO blockchain which now allows trading of Ethereum, EOS and NEO tokens. It is aiming to achieve a DEX network with cross-chain swapping capabilities across popular blockchains, with a focus on delivering a world-class trading experience in a trustless and decentralized environment.